AMS is committed to conducting operations and activities in a manner that provides and maintains safe and healthy working conditions, prevents personal injury and property damage, protects the environment, and conserves natural resources. AMS complies with applicable Federal, State and Local requirements, while ensuring that the safety, health and environmental programs continually improve.
AMS strives to achieve profitable growth, develop our people, and strive for excellence, while carrying out the following:
- Protect our company’s resources by operating AMS facilities in a compliant, responsible manner that protects the safety and health of employees, guests and the surrounding community, minimizes property damage, and maintains or enhances environmental quality.
- Expand the understanding of the principle that safety is an equal partner with revenue production, employee performance and employee development.
- Strengthen our value by fostering a culture that encourages every employee to take responsibility and accountability for safety performance in the workplace.
- Achieve profitable growth through recognizing and preventing occupational and industrial hazards, conducting comprehensive analysis, and developing control measures that will reduce the potential for employee exposure.
- Establish company-wide safety, health and environmental policies and procedures that define company requirements and assign accountability to the appropriate levels.
- Regularly review the safety, health and environmental programs at sites and facilities and communicate safety, health and environmental performance to employees and management as appropriate.
- Create a forum to facilitate the transfer of best practices throughout AMS.
- Encourage every AMS employee to report close calls and hazards so they can be corrected in a timely manner.
- Recognize and reward exemplary safety, health and environmental performance, and respond quickly and appropriately to policy or procedure violations.
- Investigate mishaps and share lessons learned throughout the AMS network.
- AMS regularly provides, and/or sends our employees to, specialized training and manufacturer and/or vendor-sponsored programs for specific equipment.
- AMS offers training at certain locations for Property Managers’ and Owners’ on-site personnel in areas such as refrigerant handling and related certifications.
Qualifications and Awards
Many AMS employees maintain OSHA 10-Hour and/or 30-Hour Construction Certifications.
- AMS maintains a company-wide total incident case rate (TICR) and lost work day away from work rate (LWCA) below the national average for the North American Industrial Classification (NAICS) 238220 for construction.
- No OSHA citations for previous 5 calendar years.
- AMS nationally has maintained an experience modification rate below 1.00 for over 10 years.
- AMS received the Archway Insurance, Ltd. – Risk Control Excellence Award for 2010.
- National Safety Council (NSC)
- Network for Employers for Traffic Safety (NETS)
- Director of Corporate Safety is a member of American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE)
Corporate Director of Safety:
- ASSE Member since 1995
- Member of the National Safety Council
- Affiliated with both state and local agencies